Tech Bite: GREEN ROBOT PULLS OUT ANOTHER COOL NAMED OPERATING SYSTEM
Android is kind of a big and fascinating product a mobile device can posses. It’s actually like a weapon of mass destruction, if you have a device that does not run on Android after reading this piece you will want to get your hands on an Android running Operating System device.
Some of the world’s recognisable mobile manufacturer’s products operate on Google Android operating systems. Only in its fourth year of existence Android has released another cool named Operating System, Jelly Bean.
Androids 4.1 Operating System is the fastest and smoothest version of Android to date. Jelly Bean improves on the simplicity and beauty of its predecessor Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Jelly bean introduces a new Google search experience on Android.
Everything on Jelly Bean feels fast, fluid and smooth. The Operating System has improved on performance and is more consistent on rendering across the system through Vsync and triple buffering. What also impresses it’s the ability to gift a device with the possibility to respond to the devices CPU instantly when touching the screen, and turns it down when you don’t need it to improve battery life.
The Fab factor of Jelly Bean:
- · Blind users can use ‘Gesture mode’ to navigate the UI using touch and swipe gestures in combination with speech output;
- · Users can also be able to move pages, paragraphs, lines, words or characters. Talkback, a screen reader for Android now supports gestures to trigger actions to navigate apps and traverse a text;
- · There is support for Braille accessibility services;
- · Share photos and videos using Android Beam;
- · Instantly pair your phone or table with Bluetooth devices such as headsets or speakers that support the simple secure pairing standard by just tapping them together;
- · Browser has improved performance, CPU and memory efficiency;
- · Now there is better HTML5 video support;
- · Browser now also supports the updated HTML5 media capture specification on input.
Google worked smartly to enforce other upgrades and changes to features such as Calendar, Camera and Gallery, Data usage and Face unlock to name a few. Jelly Bean is also user-friendly and downloading from a device that uses the Operating System is too also enjoyable.
If you’re still using a device that runs on Ice Cream Sandwich, you better make sure you upgrade to Jelly Bean before you get left out.